Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 60, 61

17th, 18th June

Life was bit settled these 2 days. I started to learn piano here. We have a grand piano in the IofC auditorium. Eun Young – a Korean friend is helping out. The atmosphere was also more or less good except a few happy drizzles. And yes, the power cuts. Due to the heavy rain fall yesterday, some electricity tower has fallen and so we are without electricity for a couple of days. This has actually turned out to be a good time to experience the nature and observing our dependencies on the man made power. The day went quite nice with the entire busy schedule – the conference, the paddle tennis match and all. After dinner, it was a total black out here. No computer, no internet, for that matter no light! Our neighbor gave us a candle and a match box. I lit the candle, put it in the candle stand and kept it in front of the mirror to make the room brighter. Nikhil (my roommate) has a radio. He turned on the radio and we listened to the music playing on it. Then we decided to take a walk to enjoy the moon lit sky. It was totally dark but the moon had enough light to show us the way. We went on the way towards Grampari and then diverted towards the table top. This is the first time in my life that I am seeing fireflies. And today I saw them all in their harmony. It seemed like a series of decorative LEDs had been put on the trees. All the LEDs came to life in a moment and the next moment they went off! And it would be one tree at a time. The trees went on and off in a rhythmic pattern. The light effects were supported by the sound effects of the frogs and the insects. I don’t think I would have ever got a chance to be in such an atmosphere if it was not my internship!

No comments: