Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 57 58

14 and 15th June
Grampari has a program called Livelihoods. Sewing, knitting, self help womens groups, solar lantern making, mobile repairing and computer classes are part of it. Recently some one from Grampari had to leave the organization and Dange - the person who mostly handles the livelihoods had to go to his home. So I got the responsibility of handling the campus for a few days.
The campus is amazing! MRA centre is like the grown fatherly figure standing tall at the foot hills of table land who has seen the ups and downs of life and who knows the world. Grampari is the kid growing in the lap of nature, not worrying about what is happening with the world, struggling with its own small problems, laughing and crying with mother nature. The weather makes the campus nearer to the nature.
The Campus holds the livelihood programs and the workshops conducted by Grampari. the first day was really challenging as I had 5 bunches of leys with me and did not know which key is for what lock! Moreover, I first time sat with the computer classes students in their class. the class had been running since 15 days. But I was surprised to know that they are not even aware of the parts of computer. The lab was not in a good shape. The wires wondering on the floor as if they were on a picnic at this place! the anti-viruses were removed from all the PCs. The server firewall was turned off and the support person replied that I don't need to look into that(a nice way of saying - mind your own business. Probably he didnt know that that exactly was my business :P ). All things combined with inability to complete the planned tasks for the day - Thats how the two days went. I have asked Tamim and Sefat to help me with putting things into order.
But I learnt one thing - Learning by doing is the best way of learning.

No comments: