Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day 3

21st April, 2011

I met 2 more wonderful people today. Well, I was already acquainted with them yesterday, but I really MET them today. I am talking about Mr Saikat Nag and Mr Dange. These are the people who run the Grampari at the ground level. Grampari has various livelihood programs like sewing, knitting, english speaking and computers. They Mr Nag and Mr Dange handle it mostly. I discussed with Mr Nag about my internship and what I plan to do. He is an MBA and a professor of marketing. Mr Dange is a Master of Social Welfare and is serving at grampari since 1 year.

Mr Nag, being a professor himself, helped me out in understanding my work here and how should I proceed for it. How should I define my generic objectives and the specific objectives. He also helped me in understanding the scope of my work. I would share it soon.

I also met some kids coming from various villages to learn computers. And let me tell you, 3 of them - Shweta from 8th std, Ritesh from 2nd and Pryadna from 4th - they all spoke real good english! I was astonished, surprised yet happy to learn that.

In the evening I attended some sessions on leadership. It was a part of corporate leadership program going on here. I met a lot of people from Kirloskar and Siemens group. They shared their stories in the informal meetings. It was really nice to hear them.

-SD

No comments: