Friday, May 20, 2011

Day 31

19th May, 2011

Learning comes at very later part of the life - these are the words of Mr Vartak, the secretary of the MRA trust. Yesterday i had a chance to listen to the life story of Mr and Mrs Vartak. They are a very jovial couple. The turning and the learning points of their lives have really made an impact on my mind. This happens at the MRA center once in a week. Some or the other has to share their life story. This helps others in understanding the person better. So, that was it. These days I spend more time in the office. That too more on the internet searching for some or the other article or white paper written on anything related to rural villages and information and communication technology. I really wonder how the researchers can do this amount of research! Its really boring job. You have to first go through a hell lot of things that some other people have worked upon so that you do not re invent the wheel. It is not only going through, but you also need to understand what they have written all about! And trust me, its tough to read them. All the geeky and jargon-y language! I don't think I can do that. And I am kind of person who believes in getting some thing tangible, something that can be felt and touched, something that shows out put quickly. Lack of patience - I call it. But then yes, the research and the papers too are important. They create a base for what tangible output we can get from a system. Anyway. These days even Disha is taking up a form. Disha is a MRA or IofC Magazine published quarterly. The next Disha is dedicated to Grampari. And probably I would have an article or two in that. Lets see how it goes!

-SD

No comments: